Drill Team will incorporate all of the elements of therapeutic riding while teaching our intermediate and advanced riders to work together as a team to achieve a unified goal. Drill Team work focuses on precision, following directions, anticipatory decision making and teamwork. Drill Team members will have the opportunity to showcase their skills at various VTRC events throughout the year, and it is important that all lessons and practices are attended regularly.
Prerequisites and Rules for Drill Team membership are as follows:
- Drill Team members must be able to walk independently off-lead
- Participants must have been enrolled in a 10-week therapeutic riding session at VTRC within the past 12 months
- Drill Team membership is limited to 6 participants who must be able to make each lesson and showcase. Drill Team lessons will be held on Tuesdays at 6:15 pm under the covered arena.
- Drill Team members must have a signed photo-release on file
- The Drill Team will not accept new members after September 25th
If you are a VTRC rider who meets the above criteria and would like to be considered for Drill Team, please contact the office at 561-792-9900