The Drill Team incorporates all of the elements of therapeutic riding while teaching our intermediate and advanced riders, including our volunteers, to work together as a team to achieve a unified goal. Drill Team work focuses on precision, following directions, anticipatory decision making and teamwork. Drill Team members will have the opportunity to showcase their skills at various VTRC events throughout the year, and it is important that all lessons and practices are attended regularly.
Prerequisites and Rules for Drill Team membership are as follows:
- Drill Team members must be able to ride at the walk independently off-lead
- Participants must have been enrolled in a 10-week therapeutic riding session at VTRC within the past 12 months
- Drill Team membership is limited, participants must be able to make each lesson and showcase.
- Drill Team members must have a signed photo-release on file
- If you are a volunteer at Vinceremos and would like to participate in the Drill Team please contact the office.
If you are a VTRC rider or Volunteer who meets the above criteria and would like to be considered for Drill Team, please contact the office at 561-792-9900